Sunday, April 15, 2012

5 O'clock Shadow Double Black Lager

Since I was recently called out for my lack of posting, I thought maybe it was time to get back at it.  This whole school thing is really starting to get in the way of my life.  Recently, a friend of mine gifted me a beer for doing him a favor so I thought I would throw it on here.  This is my first beer from Grand Teton Brewing Company and hopefully not my last.

5 O'clock Shadow Double Black Lager


Appearance- Dark brown color with a tan bubbly head. Disappears a little and is edging towards patchy. Lacing can be seen sticking to the glass.

Smell- Moderate amount of malty character with toasted malt and a bit of roasted malt being the most prominent. A slight amount of caramel in the nose with traces of coffee. No real hop aroma.

Taste- Moderate malty beginning that changes to a rich Munich malt in the middle. Toasted flavor as well as the roasted malt that was noticeable in the nose. Some low bitterness at the end with a clean lager character throughout.

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied with moderate carbonation. Nice and smooth while finishing slightly dry.

Overall and Notes- Full flavored and smooth. Although I was surprised to see a "double" schwarzbier, this one worked out well.




LOOKS LIKES YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BREW ANOTHER BEER BUDDY.  It was worth taking the time to post just to invalidate your post.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but when I take care of that tomorrow (new Rockit Cup beer), you'll just be back to looking like a turd on a stick again. Plus, let's be honest--if I hadn't tipped you off, that post could have lingered for months sans your awareness. And that is the real crome here.

    ReplyDelete