Thursday, November 27, 2014

2010 Three Floyds Dark Lord

Well, coming home for Thanksgiving means one thing... drinking all the beer I leave at my parents.  Over the years I gathered some things here, but unfortunately forget to get to much when I come home.  However, I figured it was time to open up the Darklord that some forgettable clown got for me.  Blah blah blah, some other bad joke of mine.

2010 Three Floyds Dark Lord


Appearance- An opaque motor oil black with very little tan carbonation.  There is a small ring around the glass with faint remnants of carbonation throughout.

Smell- Strong roasted/burnt malts.  Hints of coffee (brewed with Intelligentsia) with dark fruits of currants and plums.  A musty, maybe slightly oxidized scent that finishes with a strong alcohol.

Taste- The burnt malt isn't as strong or overpowering.  A slight chocolate malt and dark chocolate taste.  Strong acidic coffee with burnt dark currants.  Some small amounts of vanilla and bitter coffee finish.  A warming alcohol finish, but not harsh considering the high alcohol content.  A little time stowed away seems to have helped this one.

Mouthfeel- Thick and chewy body that coats the mouth from the first sip.  Minimal carbonation with a warming alcohol finish.

Overall- Although I never had a fresh beer to compare this to, I'm going to state that the age helped this one.  For such a big beer, very smooth.  Some oxidation seems to have crept in, but nonetheless, quite the graduation gift that paid off 4 years later.

3 comments:

  1. The saddest part is that your link gets my name wrong. Can't you even insult me effectively?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saddest part is that your link gets my name wrong. Can't you even insult me effectively?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just much impressed by your nice and valuable stuff. The whole post is really worthy and nice one. Keep posting such type of nice stuff in future.You can Find Your ZIP Code for any city in the world directly without even spending immense amount of time in the whole searching situation'

    ReplyDelete