Friday, July 22, 2011

For the Sake of Beer!

Today I mark the start of a blog I have been telling friends and family was in the works for a while.  With some basic brewing knowledge under my belt, I hope to document my trip into the more bizarre and experimental areas of brewing with some help from brewing friends and trips I take along the way.

So what name could describe that process for me?  With my mind wandering for cliche and horrible puns that had been taken by others before me, frustration set in pretty quickly for someone who had nothing better to do in the summer.  "For gosh sakes," (edited for delicate ears) and then it hit me.  I'm doing this for beer, so why not for beer's sake?  It was brilliant!  The title had some word play, sounded arrogant enough to imply that I could actually do something positive for the world of beer (most certainly a lie, *sigh*), and I was too lazy to think of something proper, rather convincing myself that this was a witty name.

Finally, the blog has been set up in its most basic form and its time for beer!  I hope that there are those that are foolish enough to become curious with what I am doing, or what is more likely, those that simply have nothing better to do but pay attention to a person brewing beer.  So enough with the words, and more with the beer.  Grab a beer and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is your prequel to law school? And what is up with the "all-brown theme"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, I'm working on the world of brown at the moment, lay off. Sheesh

    ReplyDelete