Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wisconsin Belgian Red

Well, it's time to get into the New Glarus.  After an abysmal last couple of weeks, I decided to pop open the Wisconsin Belgian Red.  I've had the Raspberry tart, but this is my first encounter with this cherry beer.  Unfortunately, when I was in Ohio I forgot to grab my other glassware.  Apparently my mind was elsewhere.  These things tend to happen to idiots.


Wisconsin Belgian Red


Appearance- Burgundy with a little haze as it is able to be seen through. Off white head dissipates until it becomes small and patchy with a ring around the glass. 

Smell- Sweet and slightly tart cherries push through this beer. Malt accompanies with a little bit of a musty character.

Taste- The cherries hit you right away coming at you first a little sweet but quickly becoming tart. Thick malty taste is beneath as the cherries continue throughout. The finish seems to have a cherry skin flavor to it with a lingering tart flavor in the back of the mouth. 

Mouthfeel- Medium-body, sweet throughout.

Overall and Notes- More than just any fruit beer. Very rich in character and full in taste. Would be great after dinner or for the holidays.




I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I can get back to Wisconsin and pick up a couple more bottles of this and Raspberry Tart.  Unfortunately, you still have to deal with my camera.  This wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't running out jokes to make fun of myself.  Also, does anyone from Wisconsin know if they have a shirt with that "Drink Indigenous" logo?

No comments:

Post a Comment