Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chicago Craft Beer Week: Jolly Pumpkin


After finishing lawyer school, I was lucky enough to have the City of Chicago celebrate Chicago Craft Beer Week.  Even better, there seems to be multiple events involving sours.  Luckily, I checked the site earlier enough in order to grab some Jolly Pumpkin.

On Monday, Jake Melnicks had a "Sour Love" event that include a tape takeover from Jolly Pumpkin and Upland Brewing.  Among the Jolly Pumpkin beers were Ale Absurd, IO, Biere de Mars, Saison Y, and Fuego.  I went with the Biere de Mars and Saison Y (I would have liked to have more, but surprise surprise, the 10 oz pours of sour beers were fairly expensive.  The Saison Y was my favorite, as it had the light peppery taste finish of a saison along with a citrus middle, but a wonderful barnyard finished.  It also helped that we had some barbecue nachos to go along with it.

Hopefully this will not be the last event and I will update throughout the rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment