Monday, June 9, 2014

Hair of the Dog - Ruth

I believe I mentioned a while ago that my friend came back from Portland bearing gifts.  This included my first chance at trying Hair of the Dog.  Unfortunately, I forgot to post this after I drank it/took notes. So sue me?

Hair of the Dog - Ruth

Appearance- Clear Straw yellow color with a small fizzy head.  Little to no lacing.

Smell- Herbal smell with lemony citrus hops.  Doughy/bready malt character with some residual sweetness.

Taste- A subdued lemon with a fairly underwhelming malt sweetness.  Crackery middle is accompanied by a very mild bitterness.  Some bitterness continues into the finish with a lingering sweetness.

Mouthfeel- Surprisingly low carbonation and a medium light body.

Overall- A bit underwhelming first try from this brewery.  Tastes like there is not much beyond some yeast esters.  Further, the lack of carbonation made this one harder to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment