Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hopleaf

This past Friday I ventured back out into Chicago in order for more beerventures.  Lately, my studies have put a damper on my beer parade, but the only way I'll switch from beer to coffee permanently is if they put it in a stout.  Then I'll accept it rather happily.

So my travels to Hopleaf brought me the selection I was looking for as well as randomly running into my cousin.  I only stayed downstairs, but was impressed with what they had to offer.  Besides the great selection of beers, they also have three beers dinners coming up (hosted by breweries) as well as a raffle that cost $20 a ticket for a vertical of Dark Lord.  Hell of a price if you ended up winning, and if not, proceeds went to Chicago schools if I remember correctly.

I ended up being bought an Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale to begin with, but it would be my next beer that would surprise me the most.  Three Floyds Zombie Dust.  A beer with a zombie theme?  B-b-but that's my M.O.  There is only one explanation: the one blog visit that I get every other day must be Three Floyds and they saw the zombie posts!  Lets keep going with the self satisfying truth rather than logic in order to rationalize my hopping mad (zing!) reaction.  Fortunately, it seems Three Floyds is incapable of bad zombie puns though.  Phew!


All kidding aside, Hopleaf was a great place I will go back to again as well as Zombie Dust being a delicious beer.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any notes so everyone is left with my bad attempt at humor instead.  Oh, and I had something from Lost Abbey, but I will have to try that one again before I can jump on the anti-Tomme Arthur band wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment