Saturday, September 3, 2011

Weihenstephaner Korbinian

Between study sessions I have been trying to find new beers that weren't available to me in Ohio.  Well either that or listen to this new tune.  FINALLY!  And I thought Jack White and Insane Clown Posse would never collaborate.  That being said, I still like to grab some beers that weren't foreign to me in my home state.  Today that brings us to Weihenstephaner Korbinian.

Appearance- Reddish brown color and when held up to the light you can tell it is brilliantly clear as well as containing ruby highlights. Thin tan head sticks around, but small patches form.

Smell- Nose is full of sweet toasted malt, full and complex. Some hints of coffee in the middle hinting at some roasted malt. Surprising amount of fig in the end.

Taste- The toasted malt comes through prominently with a bready character taking over the middle. Caramel helps to compliment the big malt taste. The fig rises in the middle and becomes slightly sharp taking away from some of the clean character. Some alcohol comes out at the end.

Mouthfeel- Medium-full body will moderate carbonation. Sweet in the finish.

Overall and Notes- Overall, another great dopplebock. I think it is missing some of the overall clean character that you find in Celebrator, but still delicious.  Highly suggest pairing with some sweet ICP tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment