Monday, August 29, 2011

Allagash White

Although new posts are becoming a little more hurried with my new study, the show must go on.  Unlike a certain someone, I won't insist the show must go on and then skimp out.  Yeah, I'm talking to you.  That being said, new city brought new beers.  Being forever with held from Allagash, I thought I'd dive in.

Allagash White


Appearance- A very hazy pale yellow as a result of the poured yeast with a white frothy head.  Thin layer stays with the beer after the pour.  Some noticeable lacing sticking to the glass.


Smell- Distinct wheat and bread/yeast base that sets the tone right.  Phenolic clove, slight hints at banana, and a bubblegum smell as well.  Definitely leaning towards the clove on the phenolic/fruit esters spectrum. The end brings some spiced corriander to finish it off.

Taste- The phenolic and bubblegum (slightly more pronounced than then smell) shoot up from the beginning and hold throughout the beer.  Once again the wheat and bready hold a steady background in the taste with a little more grainy character coming through.

Mouthfeel- Light body with moderate bubbly carbonation on the tongue.

Overall- Great witbier and one that I wish I had all summer rather than just on the tail end of it.  Can't wait to try some of Allagash's funkier stuff.  And look at that picture quality!  Between the pictures and the design of the blog, I certainly am something else.  I shouldn't quit my day... education?

2 comments:

  1. Damn.

    At least I'm still brewing, Captain Clown Pants. Oh, and not going to law school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultimate winning statement. I'm so put down that I don't even have anything to say.

    ReplyDelete