Thursday, August 18, 2011

CHICAGO

Well, it may have taken me a little to get the post up, but I have now moved from my humble abode in the Midwest to the ... Midwest.  That being said, it is a little more exciting in this second stop, not that I will get to experience any of the excitement with my new course of study.

You may have noticed (although that would mean that you would have noticed the existence of this blog, something I seriously doubt) that there is a lack of "brewing" tags in any of the new posts.  Unfortunately, as is the result of the move, I have to take a temporary leave from brewing.  Truly a nightmare and something this guy I am sure will not let me live down.  That being said, I hope the next months will temporarily move to exploring the beer adventures of my new city until I am back on my brewing feet.

My short amount of time here has led to a couple explorations, but nothing substantial.  Fulfilled my Chicago pizza urge with a trip to Gino's East which resulted in the Great American pastime of overeating. Besides that, I headed over to Binny's to pick up a six pack for my new apartment and was pleasantly surprised with the selection as well as all the new treats I am able to get now that I am out of Ohio.  Hopefully will be finding a couple places before the studying heats up too much including: The Map RoomPiece Brewery, and Revolution Brewing.  Any other suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Damn straight I'm gonna give you hell.

    Any good sours on tap at the Map Room the other night?

    And go check out Half Acre:
    http://www.halfacrebeer.com/home.php
    I want to know more about them. And score me some Big Hugs. That's right; go look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodenbach Grand Cru I believe was the only one that I saw. Not positive about bottle though as I kept to the tap list.

    I actually was going to ask you about Half Acre, so I guess that takes care of that. If I remember correctly is Big Hugs dealing with a cat? Yes! I am correct.

    ReplyDelete