Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Celebrator

After watching the news today, as well as the grueling last couple weeks, I walked away with my usual disappointment in humans.  I found myself in a similar situation as any time I listen to what people have to say.  Oh Futurama, you always understand me.  So what better way to fix the situation than by grabbing one of my favorite beers, Celebrator.


Celebrator


Appearance- Dark brown in color with a thin, creamy tan head. Not much can be seen through because of the color, but when held up to light its clearness becomes more noticeable. 

Smell- Lots of toasted malt attacks the nose, most likely vienna or munich malt. Bready character becomes more prominent in the middle. Some light caramel rounds it out.

Taste- Rich, malty character is the defining attribute in the beer. Toasted malt accompanies the sweet malt as well. Some caramel and light hints of chocolate touch the flavor profile as well. Small hop bitterness lingers into the finish. 

Mouthfeel- Medium full body with smooth carbonation. Sweet start and finish.

Overall and Notes- Though I already had a review of this beer, but nevertheless I still love it. If it weren't for the price tag, this would constantly be in my fridge without a doubt. Sadly, this was my last one.



As well as the awesome beer, each bottle comes equipped with an ornamental goat.  Why?  Well why the hell not.  I feel obligated to use these in some sort of way, any suggestions other than decorating the Christmas tree?  If no one says anything, I'll be forced to revert to my five year old self and watch as these plastic goat gladiators battle to the death for their adoring fans (i.e. me).  You don't want that, do you?




5 comments:

  1. New post!

    And make the goats fight. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I knew this would be coming from you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really--you know your audience.

    Did I tell you about the wild yeast I am culturing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did not. Are you talking about local wild yeast for some spontaneous fermentation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct. Wild fruit with yeast on it thrown into a DME starter. Added more DME today--one tastes like vitamin C and one tastes like bread and candy. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete