Thursday, August 25, 2011

Zombie Beer Labels

He's a hop head, get it?  See what I did there?
So, I'm back on zombies.  In all honestly, I'm surprised it took me this long to return to the topic of the undead.  Although I am currently unable to brew beer (ha! what a brewing noob), I figured "Why let that stop me from designing some labels.

Normally. I leave all brewed beer unlabeled, but what is the point of naming beers after clever zombie puns if no one will be any the wiser of my creative work?  Solution: Throw some pictures of zombies on there.



Now I wouldn't consider myself quite the artist, so this process wasn't expected to go off quite as planned.  That being said, I was generally satisfied with the first designs of some beer labels (Especially Zombie Hopocalypse).  Some of this is a mere rip off of the styles of The Walking Dead graphic novel, so there will most certainly be changes before actually making the labels (which there is no tentative date for at this time).  I figured I needed a basis of drawing zombies before I went full force, and what better place to start?  As I think of some more ideas, I'll put them on paper and throw them on here for presentation.  Any ideas for sticking pen to paper, let me know.  Once again, bad puns encouraged.  That being said, enjoy some more zombie action.


Also, I don't care what anyone says, I want to try this beer.  The awesomeness of bacon + beer + maple syrup = This?  I don't even want to hear your complaints as the possibility of trying this with the doughnut at Voodoo Doughnut of its inspiration is almost too much to bear.  Come to me, Portland.  I want to try it really, really hard.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you supposed to be studying? I mean, you're, like, paying for law school, or something. At least I think you are.

    And I guess this also means that Rogue's anti-labor and union busting actions are copacetic with you. Way to go, fascist.

    You still coming to D-town? Big city living ain't good enough for you no more, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, these were made before the start of class. Unfortunately, I am studying.

    As for Rogue, I just can't help it. Normally I would make my own Bacon Maple Porter, but I cannot brew beer at the moment (which I can assure you is becoming more and more frustrating).

    I think I am still coming to D-town. Matters how much work I get done during the week. Was offered a ride and figured this is the only time I'll be able to come back until Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete