Saturday, August 6, 2011

Columbus Farmer's Market

With exactly one week until my address readjustment to Chicago for the foreseeable future, I decided I needed to take in some Columbus beer related adventures.  The first thing to do was head to the Farmer's Market at the North Market.  I was hoping to find some sour cherries that I could throw into the freezer, later being added to a funky saison I am planning while the other half most likely will get a tea made out of roses and jasmin.  Man I'm fancy.

I quickly found that the fruit section was very limited at the market, and the only cherries were sweet Michigan cherries.  Oh Ohio, you disappoint me again.  I'll continue to look at the possibilities of finding them elsewhere, but my hopes aren't high.  In the mean time, I picked up some fresh peaches, which unfortunately will not be going into any beer.  Although next year I think I will be using some as I really want to try this recipe by The Mad Fermentationist.

Hopefully I will be stopping by some other favorites in Columbus, Barleys and Bodega to be specific.  Until then, no more beer for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment