Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Smoked Sausage Chili

After arriving back from a haircut with what more resembled Justin Bieber than what I was going for, I needed something to brighten the day.  What more American way than food and beer, hooray gluttony!  I had some smoked sausage in the fridge that I was planning to make into a chili as it was requested that meat was added to my usual vegetarian chili, so that is where I am taking this adventure.  With home brewed smoke porter  on hand as well, I figured why not combine the two.


After the cutting up the sausage and letting it cook in a pot with 1/2 to 3/4 a bottle of smoked porter, it was time for the vegetables.  Unfortunately, I usually just throw an eyed cut up amount in the pot for most of the ingredients (green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion) as well as one pepper each of jalapeno, habanero, and serrano.  Lastly was 2 cans hot chili beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, and 1 1/2 cans of fiesta corn.  I would like to not have used canned anything, but I didn't have time.  Such is life


The finished product was mostly a success, and spicy enough to please my tastes.  Served it with another bottle of smoked porter to round out the meal.  Altogether a good choice and I plan to tweek it a little bit in the future.






1 comment:

  1. Man, these ARE the dog days before law school, ain't they? And why are your photos always backwards?

    ReplyDelete