Monday, October 24, 2011

Burger Bar Chicago

On Thursday, our group made the usual venture to a new place in Chicago.  This past week brought us to the Burger Bar.

After an interesting bus ride and a short walk, we came across the Burger Bar.  From the outside it looks like a hole in the wall that is nicely juxtaposed against the incredibly well lit Apple store across the street (Seriously, how much electricity are you guys using to light that?)  The inside has a lot more atmosphere but in general keeps the vibe of a smaller place, which is no problem with me.

The tap list isn't terribly extensive, but does offer some local selections and covers a lot of bases with the bottle menu pretty much sweeping up the rest.  Thursday happened to be the right night to come as specified drafts and bottles were a couple dollars off their normal price, lucky us.  They did have Dogfish 120 min. I.P.A. on tap, but I passed as I was in a mood for more than half a beer (it helped knowing a friend offered to split a bottle with me anyways).  I went with the Left Hand Milk Stout and Bell's Two Hearted.  Hadn't had Bell's since I left Ohio and well, I felt it was time to return to an old favorite.  It didn't hurt that it was one of the marked down beers either.

As can be guessed from the name, the main entree here is *gasp* BURGERS.  Who would have thunk?  The burgers ranged from your typical cheeseburger to more adventurous offerings with funky cheese and guacamole.  I went with a burger topped with brie cheese and caramelized onions myself.  Oh sweet sweet stinky cheese, how I adore you.  I would give the name of the burger, but apparently they don't want to list the actual menu on the website and my memory is slipping in my old age.  It was also nice to find out later that the Burger Bar supports local farmers, always a plus in my book.

The burgers were great, beer is always wonderful, and the place didn't mind idiots like myself.  If I'm alright, I'm sure everyone else will be more than welcome.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment