Monday, October 3, 2011

Beer of the Month Club

Happy October everyone!  I am also officially declaring it sweater season in Chicago.  I could be getting ahead of myself, but what the hell.  Flannels lay just beyond the horizon.  Sweaters and sweatshirts and flannel, oh my!  This may be the only better time.

October means that I am steadily getting closer to brewing again.  I also swear that some place around my apartment smells like dry malt extract.  I think I may be going crazy with brewing deprivation.

I thought of ranting about everyone in Ohio's craze over Yuengling's new found distribution, but I decided to leave that for another day.  It's sweater season!  No reason not to be happy.  So thank your favorite sweater if you are unlike enough to find yourself reading this.

Instead I am sharing the beer of the month club that I have recently been registered in.  Although I have been hesitant to pay for this myself, a friend got me this as a gift and since I love free things I didn't complain.  I have to imagine this is an attempt by friends to shut me up, but since I received beer newspaper clippings in the mail from my mother today, I think everyone has just accepted that I am a lost cause.

Each shipment consists of twelve beers overall with four unique beers (three of each for all you math whizzes out there).  This month brought RJ Rockers Patriot Ale and Bell Ringer as well as Sebago's Hefeweizen and Frye's Leap India Pale Ale.  None of the selection has blown me away so far, but it hasn't necessarily let me down either.  I do have notes for the beer, but I don't think I will throw them on the blog unless someone gets overly bored with their life and for some reason requires them.

I'll keep this up to date with the two subsequent months as I believe I have three total.  I also have something similar to this that I will be updating on in a week or so that is surprisingly not beer related.  Don't judge me.

Look at the clarity on the photo.  I swear, I'll get a real camera....soon....ish.

Oh, and in awesome news, Arrested Development is coming back to T.V.  Take that, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment