Saturday, October 8, 2011

Galco's Soda Pop Stop and Beer Floats

I read my last post and laughed at my ability to take something like beer and  subject it to a rant.  As a result, I decided that I needed to post something a little different.  Then on Friday a package I ordered arrived to fill that void.

A couple of moths ago I found this video on the internet and was immediately intrigued.  This man seems like the happiest person in the world and I won't hear anything else.  If someone has actually been to the store and can say that he actually isn't like this, please don't tell me.

Anyways, one of my friends was lucky enough to move to L.A. from Ohio months ago for new job opportunities so I repeatedly yelled at her to visit the Soda Pop Stop and tell me how it was.  Fast forward months later and I was still yelling at her to do the same thing.  This time I decided to see if they had a website, because apparently my simple mind couldn't come up with that idea in the first place, and was fairly happy with what I saw.  Not only did they have a website, but there was also the opportunity to order beverages from them!

After being overwhelmed at the number of choices, I mostly turned to the video to make choices.  My selection: rose, cucumber, espresso coffee, root beer brewed with sassafras, double cola, blackberry, and another made with vanilla beans.  The shipment of these cost more than I am willing to admit, but I justified it by saying I needed to taste roses in a drink since I plan to brew with them later.  I have only tried the rose flavor so far, but it was great and I look forward to the others.  I encourage everyone to look into buying from Galco's as they seem like a great business and they wrote numerous words of thanks on my box.  It also doesn't hurt that their website indicates they have quite the beer selection as well.

Since I feel obliged to talk about beer for a little bit, I also found an interesting article online.  This isn't the first time I have heard of combining beer and ice cream for a beer float, but it did remind me that I need to do this.  Maybe Southern Tier Creme Brulee and vanilla ice cream?  Oh, if only I wasn't so poor and could afford to put beer in ice cream.  So thanks article for reminding me that I can't do interesting things and that I miss D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment