Friday, October 14, 2011

Revolution Brewing

Yesterday I was able to visit Revolution Brewing for the second time during my stay here.  For some reason I thought I posted something about it, but found as per usual, I was mistaken.

Revolution Brewing is only a short walk from the California stop on the blue line making it a fairly conveniently located for most people to get to.  Inside there are two floors for dinners, both equipped with their own bar.  Our group started downstairs, but more people showed up than originally thought and we had to go through the ordeal of moving tables.  Sorry waitress!  Fortunately, the people at Revolution were accommodating to our inability to count and I thank them for that.

Revolution has twelve of their own beers on tap with a couple of guest taps if I remember correctly.  Almost all of the beers seemed to be enjoyed by everyone with the exception of one.  The Barrel Aged Skara Braesweet, a scottish ale aged in whiskey barrels, seemed a little too boozy with the whiskey and oak dominating while allowing little of the malty scottish ale to come through.  I personally went with the Backyard I.P.A. and the Diggity Dunkelweizen.  The Backyard I.P.A. was the first choice and the first beer I have had with Galaxy hops.  It was slightly sour (the description said there was some "backyard" flavor) that was interesting with a different type of citrus provided by the Galaxy hops (or so at least I am assuming).  It was closest to a Belgian I.P.A. but certainly distinct and enjoyable.


The food is mostly sandwiches and pizza with the burgers being large enough for you to momentarily forget about the price.  I went with the hombre burger, a spicy selection with poblano pepper, avacado, as well as a couple of other toppings to knock up the spice.  Although not my favorite burger, it was worth the price and I would certainly get it again.

Once again, Revolution Brewing doesn't let me down and I'm sure that I'll be back again.  I suggest anyone in the Chicago area to pick up a growler of beer and have a good night!  How I wish I had more time with the city.

*Update: For friends and previous readers (assuming there are any of either), the rest of the Soda Pop Stop selection was just as good as the other.  I actually have a couple left so I guess I shouldn't be so quick to judge, but it's almost certain I'll be ordering more from there in the future.  The rest of the beer of the month club on the other hand, meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment